RomanArmyTalk
Resignation - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Resignation (/showthread.php?tid=22698)

Pages: 1 2

Resignation - M. Demetrius - 05-28-2013

Effective June 1, I am voluntarily resigning as moderator on RAT. This was my own decision, and not as a result of pressure from anyone except myself. I've held the job for several years, and have spent many hours monitoring various topics, attempting in my own small way to help keep things running smoothly, and trying to help resolve disputes between members, and made significant effort in updating and amending rules to be more easily enforceable and equitable.

I have other demands on my time that will make it impossible to spend as much time online here as previously. I will put myself back into my writing (2 short stage plays by New Year and a novel about 10% drafted, along with the occasional poem). I also intend to devote a large, hot section of time to learning more about blacksmithing, and perhaps make a few small attempts at metal casting.

It's been a good run, but all things come to an end. This is the end. Thank you to all who have inspired me to reach for a different goal. Without seeing the great successes you have in writing and metal work, I probably would not have become interested.

The only thing constant is change.

Resignation - PhilusEstilius - 05-28-2013

David.

It has been a good and worth while job that you have done here on RAT and do let us hope that we see and hear from you on line at regular itervals, indeed we shall no dought look forward to some of your poetry in the future in fact with all the gear you are about to do we might even find you hard at it in the Market Place section.

Resignation - Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-28-2013

Good fortune with the new endeavors Dave, and it was always good to have you as a moderating influence.

Resignation - Paul Elliott - 05-28-2013

Without your dedication on this forum, and others like you, it would not hold its reputation as a first class Roman military site where both amateurs and academics alike feel comfortable to offer their opinions without fear of ridicule or pantomime.

Bravo and good luck!!

Resignation - Robert - 05-28-2013

Cheers David,
you can always count on me for advice on blacksmithing, but then again, as some old blacksmith once observed "There is nothing to it, you get the iron as hot as blazes and then just beat the crap out of it .... "
Live well, happy writing!

Resignation - Flavivs Aetivs - 05-28-2013

Best of Luck! Confusedmile:

Resignation - Martin Moser - 05-28-2013

Thank you for your time and efforts!

Resignation - M. Demetrius - 05-28-2013

Right, Robert! Add the maxim that "...iron that has been heated 3 minutes ago looks just like iron that was heated yesterday, but it feels considerably different to the bare hand."

Thanks for the well-wishes, folks. I'll still be around, but as a user, not a mod.

Resignation - Pointer - 05-28-2013

Thanks Dave... For the year or more that I have known you as a moderator... friend... and Brother at Arms...
I know that the burden will be lifted and you'll feel at least two inches taller as you go. But then you will find the time to to those things you truly feel called to do! God Speed!
Patrick

Resignation - Epictetus - 05-28-2013

Thanks for all your hard work, David!

Resignation - Medusa Gladiatrix - 05-28-2013

Quote:Thanks for the well-wishes, folks. I'll still be around, but as a user, not a mod.

That's good to hear. At least you will hold up the reputation by your posts as a regular user, at least I hope so. Anyhow, it had been good to have you as a mod. But enjoy your new endeavors and keep us updated on the outcomes. Confusedmile:

Resignation - Caballo - 05-29-2013

Huge thanks from me too and keep in touch!

Resignation - Gunthamund Hasding - 05-29-2013

Thanks from my side as well

plus please post work in progress pics when you do something and let us know when you learn

Resignation - M. Demetrius - 05-29-2013

I will, Gunthamund, if I ever figure anything out. Most of the time, things that seem simple are not so simple when attempted--at least not the first few times.

Resignation - wolle1301 - 05-29-2013

Thanks for doing the job.
The value of the "officium" or call it honorary office is not valued high enough in today's society. You held your office for a long time and did much. Well done.