Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gladius hilt components
Ave,<br>
<br>
Who ( if anyone) sells hilt components for a pompeii gladius?<br>
my deepeeka gladius needs some improving, and after several attempts, it might be easier for me to just buy what I need.<br>
<br>
Any suggestions are appreciated! <p></p><i></i>
I'd like to second that- especially if someone is interested in selling a bone handpiece of the hilt. Theres a market opportunity here!<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
<br>
Paul <p></p><i></i>
Hilt components are easy enough to make. By a wooden ball from a hobby shop for the pommel, and a 2nd one cut in half and with the sides shaved off a bit for the guard. Or you can just take a chunk of maple or whatever you have handy and carve one. You can do the same for the grips...pet stores usually sell cow bones that are perfect for making grips. <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<br>
Niagara Falls, Canada</p><i></i>
They do a very good job of hand craving pommel grips from cow bone. Give Albion a call, they might sell you just the grip.<br>
<br>
Go to:<br>
<br>
www.albionarmorers.com/<br>
<br>
Their number is:<br>
<br>
1-888-806-HELM<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
I contacted them by email, and sadly they can't supply. But- they were very quick to respond, and as helpful as they could be- so bizarrely, I feel very warmly disposed towards them, and would certainly buy their kit!<br>
<br>
Paulus <p></p><i></i>
As the Legio XX site says, you can get a suitable bone from a pet shop and file it down fairly quickly. As there were hundreds to choose from a straight one was easy to find.<br>
<br>
Use a face mask as the bone dust gets all over the place. <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=richsc@romanarmytalk>RichSC</A> at: 5/11/04 3:05 am<br></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
A dremel will make short work of the bone grip... Just begin with the coarse grade wheel, progress to the finer wheel.<br>
Licinius <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone in UK to hilt gladius blades? Wembly6 0 780 12-13-2014, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Wembly6
  Onager - First Components Delivered Nerva 23 5,146 06-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Last Post: AuxArcher