Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re Reenactors with Shield Designs from the Notitia
Quote:
Mark George Little post=338466 Wrote:A bit offtopic, but seems right here: do you think there is any chance, I might find shield design for units from Valeria Ripensis, other than the NotDig? Shame, but they are not in them, only listed, but not with a drawn design.
Not a chance I'm afraid. In such cases I always advice groups to use their imagination. We at Fectio sure did. Smile

The problem is, that the Valeria page of the NotDig mentions Auxilia Herculensia, Ursarensia, Fortensia, Insidiatorum. The first three are foot companies, and the designs are found on the page, where they list every single one in a bunch. Is it possible, that the word auxilia here means vexillatio? I think my idea is not far fetched, since Valentinian brought auxiliary forces from the West against quadi and sarmatians in 374/375.
Mark - Legio Leonum Valentiniani

Messages In This Thread
Re Reenactors with Shield Designs from the Notitia - by Márk György Kis - 05-30-2013, 12:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shield designs in Armies and Enemies of Imperial Rome Marcus Mummius 6 2,240 03-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Quintis Antonius Felix
  Copyright Shield Designs ? madoc 83 20,471 05-07-2008, 02:47 AM
Last Post: Iace
  Different designs for different shield types? Carlton Bach 1 1,123 03-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Andrew Brozyna