Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aktaeon
Quote:This is a common misconception but I don't think there is any evidence to support the idea. Whether the scales are aligned upwards or downwards could simply depend on what sort of lacing patterns are employed.
Thanks for the clue. I think I've read about this theory in an osprey book. They tend to be not very trustworthy.

It took some time, but I found a book with many pictures of egyptian warrior gods:
Kantorowicz, Ernst Hartwig: Götter in Uniform. Studien zur Entwicklung des abendländischen Königtums, Stuttgart 1998.
It's worth a read. Smile There are some gods with lamellar and scale armour. The main difference is that most of the gods have pteruges.
Scale armour is generally defined as armour made from small overlapping plates attached to a foundation material.

Lamellar is usually defined as armour made from small overlapping plates that are joined together so that there is no need for a foundation.

Using the above definitions there is no lamellar anywhere in the world before the Warring States period in China.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books