Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wedge Riveted Chain Mail
Hello to all,

Can anyone help me with any historical reference for Wedge riveted chain mail? Any reference,picture? Was the wedge riveted chain mail in fashion at the time of Romans?

Waiting to hear.

Regards,
Suhel
Wedge riveting was mainly limited to Germany after the 13th century but the stuff on the market today doesn't look anything like the museum examples.
www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=19189
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
That depends on how you are looking. If anyone can tell the rivet shape, rivet hole shape, alloy, etc. from five feet away or in dim lighting they have much better eyes than I do. If you are close enough to see those things, you are close enough to see imperfections in almost any modern reproduction. Most Indian maille is not a very good reproduction, but I'm not sure if it is any worse than using modern linen and wool for clothing.
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.
If the level of required accuracy is that low then it doesn't matter whether it is round or wedge riveted.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Chain (no not Chain mail) jkaler48 15 3,809 08-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Vindex
  Pterugues over long chain mail FAVENTIANVS 5 2,598 02-17-2011, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Dan Howard
  Chain Mail Pattern Aryan Steels 4 1,735 10-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Last Post: martijn.wijnhoven