Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show your Roman artwork
Sorry, what was that you said... one of the old crocs!! :wink:
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Got a new drawing coming soon, probably this monday.
Evan I believe you might have influenced another artist :wink:. Drawing is by Jozef Hudi:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Indeed maybe I did. I just love to draw, I've done a lot of sci-fi drawings recently but haven't bothered to upload them.
Hi

Some information on my paintings and an exhibition in Preston can be found on the Manchester Museum Blog

http://ancientworldsmanchester.wordpress...chaeology/

Graham.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
My latest drawing:

Flavius Aetius, in [DEL]all his glory[/DEL] color.

This is my second and much better attempt to draw the "Last True Roman of the West."

[Image: lA822sD.jpg]

The skin came out a better color than last time, and I spent a week working on that stupid hand. Eventually I just put a sword in it.

Unfortunately the colored pencil messed up a lot of the detail in the tunic and cloak, I tried to salvage it to no avail. DAMN YOU PURPLE!!!

The shoes are a combination of ones from the Saint Maggiore Mosaic, Vindolanda, and a little influence from the much earlier Hod Hill.

Full Res on Deviantart.
Hm,considerable effort on details were put in this one and it is visible!
Quote:My latest drawing:
Flavius Aetius, in [DEL]all his glory[/DEL] color.
This is my second and much better attempt to draw the "Last True Roman of the West."
The skin came out a better color than last time, and I spent a week working on that stupid hand. Eventually I just put a sword in it.
Unfortunately the colored pencil messed up a lot of the detail in the tunic and cloak, I tried to salvage it to no avail. DAMN YOU PURPLE!!!
The shoes are a combination of ones from the Saint Maggiore Mosaic, Vindolanda, and a little influence from the much earlier Hod Hill.
Full Res on Deviantart.

Nice one Even. I like the fibula, with the big jewel.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
The fibula is based on a 5th century find in Rzezow, Poland.
Hi

You might like this illustration of mine from the recent book in the Roman Conquests series on North Africa by Nic Fields.

Hardcover: 176 pages
Publisher: Pen & Sword Military (30 Sep 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1844159701
ISBN-13: 978-1844159703

Graham.

Indeed, we really might like it Big Grin :woot: Big Grin !
Great stuff as usual Graham!

Right now I'm working on some Sci-Fi drawings, I've always had concepts for my own (extraordinarily realistic) sci-fi universe. Anyways, I probably won't be doing some Roman works for a while.
Hi Evan

Why don't you post your Sci-fi images in the Off topic section. I like Sci-fi too and have often thought of painting something along those lines.

Graham.

Would be a good idea to have a general "Show your artwork" thread. I really need to sticky this one.
I'm trying to improve my digital paintings at the moment.
Here's what I've done these days.

It is a new legionary, training with a rudis. He's not good at it, for now...

Like the others I've posted on this thread, this is part of a series of pictures explaining how it was to be in Roman Army.

[Image: inaciem-bandeau.png]