RomanArmyTalk
Show your Roman artwork - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show your Roman artwork (/showthread.php?tid=20975)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 06-25-2012

If there's -share your Greek artwork topic-I think there should be also a roman one!I really love painted reconstructions and of course I admire the work of people such as Peter Connolly and Graham Sumner(to name just some).But to me it is not enough so I try to paint it even myself, for which purpose I often use photos of various reenactors.

Re: Show your Roman artwork - agrimensor - 06-26-2012

Looking good Pavel, keep up the good work.Try some 1e century miles or centurio ??

Re: Show your Roman artwork - Charlie - 06-26-2012

Beautiful work Pavel....well done.

Re: Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 06-27-2012

Quote:Looking good Pavel, keep up the good work.Try some 1e century miles or centurio ??

just work on one Centurio from later first century,When it's finnished I will likely exhibit it here.

Re: Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 06-27-2012

Thank you very much Jos and Phil for both of your encouraging comments :-)

Re: Show your Roman artwork - Statius - 06-27-2012

Superb work Pavel, shows real talent.

You ignore all these Ist-2nd Century types and stick to the far more interesting and less well represented late Roman stuff :wink:

Re: Show your Roman artwork - Virilis - 06-27-2012

Quote:Superb work Pavel, shows real talent.

You ignore all these Ist-2nd Century types and stick to the far more interesting and less well represented late Roman stuff :wink:

I agree :twisted: !

Re: Show your Roman artwork - Graham Sumner - 06-27-2012

Well done Pavel.

Watercolour is not an easy medium to use either. I prefer Gouache myself it allows me to cover up mistakes!

Keep painting.

Graham.

Re: Show your Roman artwork - Gaius Julius Caesar - 06-27-2012

Ahhh as usual the selfish late types want to hog all the glory.. :roll:
You feel free to branch out into all eras of Roman representation!
I know I did, despite the ageism displayed by my comilitones.... :wink:

Nice paintings!

Re: Show your Roman artwork - Appius Calvus - 06-27-2012

Salve Pavel,

I would first of all like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your fantastic watercolours you were talking about with Graham Sumner. They are really nicely painted.

You were talking also of the need for more artists of Roman history, and that is precisely what I am working on. The output I have produced at the moment is very scant, but give it till the end of this summer and you should be able to see on my website some early output of what you would expect for the foreseeable future.

I am working mainly on Roman re-enactors in portraits, both posed as well as in action. Eventually I hope to surmount such a collection enough to exhibit in places of Roman significance like Chester, Caerleon or along the Wall. I'll let you know of any further developments.

Best Regards, Mike Reed.

Re: Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 06-28-2012

Quote:Superb work Pavel, shows real talent.

I Am currently mainly interested in late roman army because I like look of soldiers of this age maybe even more then of those from more classic era and as you pointed there's still much more to explore in later periods which unfortunately is not so often displayed compared with the earlier periods.

Quote:Well done Pavel.

Watercolour is not an easy medium to use either. I prefer Gouache myself it allows me to cover up mistakes!

Keep painting.

Graham.

I Am surprised that It's so evident what medium I used-I'm often having problems with recognition of what method painter exactly used when I look just on reproduction of original.But I know that you mostly use gouache and acrylic... at least I read about it somewhere, I Think Big Grin.Watercolor is sometimes really annoying so I plan to convert on more user friendly colors soon.It is a great honor for me to be commended by artist whose work I take as main source of inspiration and for studying of technique.Eagerly look forward to your new projects!

Quote:Ahhh as usual the selfish late types want to hog all the glory.. :roll:
You feel free to branch out into all eras of Roman representation!
I know I did, despite the ageism displayed by my comilitones.... :wink:

Nice paintings!

I do love all periods of roman history at least up to 1204 :-)

Thank you for your compliment Mike :-) .It would be nice to see some new stuff from other people with same passion for this specific kind of art.

Re: Show your Roman artwork - Robert Vermaat - 06-29-2012

Quote:If there's -share your Greek artwork topic-I think there should be also a roman one!I really love painted reconstructions and of course I admire the work of people such as Peter Connolly and Graham Sumner(to name just some).But to me it is not enough so I try to paint it even myself, for which purpose I often use photos of various reenactors.
Great artwork Pavel! 'Photos of various reenactors'.. mm, do I recognise myself in there? Big Grin