Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future reenacting mistakes.
Well... I like to think that... No existing body armor or flack jackets have been unearthed from 1969 to 2012 so only Captains, Lieutenants, and Generals wore them while Sergents only wore Kevlar which distinguished them on the battlefield from every other soldier. Because Picaso painted some wierd stuff... all people look like that and all women were armless because the staure of Venus didn't have any arms.

But you do know the truth from both historians and Archeologists that George Washigton always stood or sat not just because of his portraits and statues but becauce he never "lied" Wink
Soviets went to battler barechested. Only officer carried cxoats . All statutes agree to that.
http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pi...813236.jpg

So wearing your "gymnastiorka" in the assault reconstruction is plainly wrong!

The Greeks defintelly wore wore their corinthian helmet in WW II!
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7051/68306...7198_z.jpg

Kind regards
We have finally found historical records documenting what an American Centurion looked like during the Hitler war. The video is two dimensional and grainy but here is a screen shot.

[Image: epeyqv.jpg]
Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis

Joe Patt (Paruzynski)
Milton, FL, USA
Wait... Wait... Wait... IOSEPHVS COLDVIS PARVVLVS
That is not a Centurian... it is definitely a Legionary! We "All" know that Centurions had their gun holsters on their "Right" not their "Left" like the Legionary. It distinguised them from one another. Also if you take a closer look at the helment... the wings are too far apart to be a Galic "G" Helmet. The buckle also looks to be "Late" war era and not from 1941-1943. The abs pattern also seems to be a bit off. Are you sure this is an accurate photograph? I agree on the Shield design though because there is a portion of one of the originals in the Iron Man II Movie in Tony Stark's Basement Lab. Tongue
I disagree, he is referred to throughout the movie as "Captain" which we all know is an American english term used to describe junior officers in the land-based services. In the Nautical service he would be considered a senior officer, as high as a legatus. The Captain term places him at least at Centurio. As far as his kit, the anomalies could be attributed to the photo being taken before he was promoted from a simple Private or miles.
Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis

Joe Patt (Paruzynski)
Milton, FL, USA
You do have me at the "Captain" er... maybe an Optio... Since he was in fact a "Chosen Man." I haven't been into this Roman Reenactment way of life for very long... but I am quickly learning the pet peaves... the important peaves... and this off subject thread has me smiling... Big Grin
I think we may all have it wrong now and this carving at the top of Tarjan's Column that can only be seen at eye to eye level may change the face of reenacting altogether! Discovered over 300 years ago while cleaning the column and kept secret until it was rediscovered while using a radio controled helicopter to take pictures of every square inch of the column.

Roman Astronautical Reenactment! dat's a specimen (latin) for Spaceman...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Soviets went to battle barechested. Only officer carried cxoats . All statues agree to that.

Pardon my editing. :roll:

You're correct. Their favorite weapon was a hammer-- "Crush your enemies and hear the lamentation of their women!" :grin:
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb