Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle of Marathon analysis: help
Argyros Vincula khaire!<br>
<br>
I will certainly order Sekunda's book, thanks for the reference!<br>
<br>
Unfortunately, my deadline is such that I won't be able to make use of the book, at least in the version of the story (I may re-write the story in the future, using whichever information I have available then).<br>
<br>
With this "bad news" in hand, I would really appreciate if you could throw some light on my doubts, either from the book, or from your personal knowledge.<br>
<br>
I still have a week to tinker with the story (right now it's about 6,000 words, I may be adding or removing about 500) before submitting it to the editors. While I am aware of my responsibilities as a historical fiction writer, my main task in here is to spread awareness of Marathon, its importance (relative, but, from some points of view, paramount) for the western civilization and make an enjoyable reading. Thus my priorities right now aren't last-minute scholarly information about Marathon. Nevertheless I enjoy being as "correct" as I can possibly be within the constraints I'm given.<br>
<br>
As this is a charity publication, and only my "reputation" (which I don't have) and the Historical facts (poor History, anyway) will be at the stakes, no money for my pocket, I'm only worried about correctness to the point I lose sleep, but not further :-)<br>
<br>
Any help very appreciated, nevertheless, I like to be as correct as I can be at the moment I do something. Corrections will have to come after it (I am planning to translate the story to spanish after it's published, and I may change it to be more correct by then, and after that "backport" the changed to the english version.)<br>
<br>
thanks for all!<br>
<br>
Argyros <p></p><i></i>

Messages In This Thread
Battle of Marathon analysis: help - by Anonymous - 03-15-2005, 09:24 AM
Re: Battle of Marathon analysis: help - by Anonymous - 03-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Re: Battle of Marathon analysis: help - by Anonymous - 03-30-2005, 08:59 AM
Re: Battle of Marathon analysis: help - by Anonymous - 03-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Re: Battle of Marathon analysis: help - by Anonymous - 03-30-2005, 01:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nugent Marathon Corinthian analysis Dan Howard 0 914 02-20-2014, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Dan Howard
  primary sources for battle of marathon Martin Kealey 13 10,491 09-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Giannis K. Hoplite
  The Battle of Marathon - History Channel Arthes 4 1,760 01-28-2007, 03:24 AM
Last Post: Arthes