Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Sneak Peek at the Dioskouri Corinthian
Quote:Anyway Christian shows that the corinthian style helmets were generally lighter than the helmets made by Dioskouri, based on the evidence from Olympia (for example). I think Christian doesn't want to take anything away from Dioskouri's effort, just showing how they might still differ from the original helmets. Am I correct?
Exactly:

Quote:The question can only be answered by investigation of the originals. Such an investigation was already made for several original helmets. The results of such an investigation should set the standards in regard of reconstruction. Also I don´t see why this discussion equally couldn´t be of use for Dioskouri, as this way the Dioskouri helmet could be improved and made indeed authentic.

But as such, I also have a problem if a complete authenticity is proposed, where obviously it is not so, while at the same point pointing the finger at an other helmets inaccuracies. I personally think that both helmets are far from being like the originals.

Quote:Christian, I am curious as to how the center part of the molds in your sketches would remain suspended and allow a gap between it and the outside portion of the molds?

I may be mis-reading them but it seems I am seeing several things in them.
Byron, i am not sure if I understand you correctly. You see the modls in an "invisible" block of a (perhaps sand(?)) form. Does this help?
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.

Messages In This Thread
First Sneak Peek at the Dioskouri Corinthian - by caiusbeerquitius - 10-25-2012, 10:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Kopis From Dioskouri katsika 54 13,784 02-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Daniel S.
  dioskouri KrimzonKnight 1 1,991 06-08-2011, 04:36 AM
Last Post: katsika