Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle of Lake Trasimene Reenactment
Hi you all!

From june 22th to 24th, and specially june 23th, will take place the International Reenactment of the Battle of Lake Trasimene. The place: the village of Tuoro sul Trasimeno in Italy; the groups: Decima Legio (Roman Republican from Italy), Athenea Promakhos (Carthaginian heavy infantry), Evocati Apri Scipioni (Roman Republican), Iboshim (Carthaginian heavy and light infantry) and Ibercalafell (Iberian heavy and light infantry)...

Hope see some of you there!
Hopefully someone can take photos and/or video and post them up. And, we'll hope you don't have a repeat of the earthquake that allegedly also happened during the Battle of Lake Trasimene.
Quinton Johansen
Marcus Quintius Clavus, Optio Secundae Pili Prioris Legionis III Cyrenaicae
I too would love to see some photos of the event. Snap away!
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
It's always interesting to see someone do a Punic War battle! As someone whose particular interests lies in the period of the Second Punic to Numantine Wars, I'm eagerly awaiting the photographs.

As to the earthquake... di meliora! They've just had one, if someone further north, in Italy!
M. Caecilius M.f. Maxentius - Max C.

Qui vincit non est victor nisi victus fatetur
- Q. Ennius, Annales, Frag. XXXI, 493

Secretary of the Ricciacus Frënn (http://www.ricciacus.lu/)
Yes, please do post pictures and video!
I wish I could be apart of these things, as the period fascinates the more I learn of each period!
All periods have atheir own aspects of interest for me, this being one of many!
I look forward to seeing it!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Jose, you are a wonderful man!!! Muchisimas gracias.

I have just started writing my second Hannibal book. Soon after the start, I will be writing about the Trasimene battle. I think I need to book some air tickets...

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Yay! At last!! :grin:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Jose, you are a wonderful man!!!

Wink My mother says the same!! Thank you, Ben!
I hope you'll meet there Eduardo Guillen (from Athenea Promakhos), Javier García (from Evocati Apri Scipioni), Georgina Castells (From Ibercalafell) and Giuseppe Cascarino (from Decima Legio)

Main battle will be on saturday, but some other activities will be presented during that memorable day.
Probably, this year's edition will see around 50 reenactors... but next one!! Something great is being prepared, friends of the Republican period, named VIA ANNIBALICA. If we can finally find financial supporters, the whole Second Punic War will return soon.

I'll keep you informed.
That's great! ill' be waiting for the pictures!
my warrior blog:
http://sardinianwarrior.blogspot.com/
My Sardinian archeology blog: http://archeosardinia.blogspot.com

Alessandro Atzeni. Nuragic, Roman and Medioeval reenactor.

my Family http://memoriaemilites.weebly.com/
Quote:That's great! ill' be waiting for the pictures!
agreed.. 8)
Hannibal ad portas ! Dave Bartlett . " War produces many stories of fiction , some of which are told until they are believed to be true." U S Grant

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lake District Archaeology Conference 3 November Viventius 0 1,134 10-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Viventius
  Lake Trasimene reenactment, June 23, N. central It ParthianBow 22 4,392 06-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Last Post: AMELIANVS