Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TARRACO VIVA 2012
POMPA!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
More of the procession.

Byron, look out for those chaps in togas they look suspicious! :wink:

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
It was also nice to see that one display by 'Thalia' on Roman medicine was dedicated to Peter Connolly, bravo!

Graham.

Excellent photos, thanks Graham. Any 1st century ladies?
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones"

Antony
A display by the local Tarragona based group Nemesis. This was at the recently discovered remains uncovered during the construction of a new shopping complex and left on display in the underground car park.

Quote:Hi
Just returned! What a great event. I have nearly 3000 photos to sort out but will get some posted here asap, with Robert's help?
Graham.
If you still need any help I'll gladly assist. Just say the word.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Thanks Robert

In the past I have never been able to post my photos as the files were always too big. However the other day on the off chance I tried posting a picture and it went. So it seems something must have changed recently.

Anyway thanks for your help in the past reducing photo files and I hope you liked all the Late Romans!

The event at the Aqueduct was really enjoyable and unlike any event I have seen in the past, more like theatre. All those involved with the event, in particular the ladies have worked really hard since I was last at Tarraco Viva. Having been involved with re-enactment or watching events for thirty years, it was nice to see something a bit different and the setting was superb!

Graham.

Quote:Anyway thanks for your help in the past reducing photo files and I hope you liked all the Late Romans!
I never had that problem because I uploaded them to Photobucket before reposting them here.
As to the Late Romans, yes I did, and please continue sending them? Wink

Quote:The event at the Aqueduct was really enjoyable and unlike any event I have seen in the past, more like theatre. All those involved with the event, in particular the ladies have worked really hard since I was last at Tarraco Viva. Having been involved with re-enactment or watching events for thirty years, it was nice to see something a bit different and the setting was superb!
I hope one of the Septimani (Ivan?) can elaborate on what it was all about? I saw dozens of pictures, but I'm not sure what I've seen...
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
I have been unable to find te program in English. :|
They had three "shows", one about one magister militum that came to defend the Tarraconensis (with his wife?), another about the spies, and the last about the late Roman Army (which I was able to see ending).
And yes, Iván was there, you can identify him by his white helmet crest.

Quote:I missed you Iagoba, all you late Romans look alike!

I was the one that had to make the fire, thank to this and to have been armed with the fustibalus and deployed in the rear ranks I was relieved from wearing armour and helmet :mrgreen: so I'm easy to spot :wink:

PD:
Astirius Flavius ​​erat potens dux ad Tarraconem ad vincere barbaris et mansit in in
civitatem. Post Terraconensis defendi a impetus per "baguades" exercitus
latronibus.
Google translator doesn't seem to do so bad...compared with myself :roll:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
I only really "see" the event when I get to load the pictures! Big Grin

You might be in some of these below, if so point yourself out.

I will send all the pictures of your group on a disc to Ivan in any case.

Graham.

Quote:I will send all the pictures of your group on a disc to Ivan in any case.
I think Iagoba belongs to a different group (Coh I Gallica) than Ivan (Septimani). Wink
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Ah well yes you see he confused me Robert, not only by looking like all the other late Romans but by turning out with another group as well!

I will see to it that both Ivan and Aitor from Coh I Gallica will get copies of the pictures of their groups!

Graham.

Thank you very much for sharing the photos, Graham.

Such a pity no being there!
Iagoba,

Are you, or any other RAT members planning on attending this year? I cannot seem to find any info in english or that google will translate about 2013 program, is only 2 months away and I would like to put in vacation and look at flights, anything you may have would be greatly appreciated, thanks,

Eric
Eric C.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tarraco Viva 2016 Graham Sumner 12 7,048 06-28-2016, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  After Tarraco Viva 2011 (that\'s the XIIIth!) Iagoba 0 1,129 05-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Iagoba
  Tarraco Viva 2010 Iagoba 8 2,774 06-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat