Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reconstruction of 1st century roman belt.
here we go.
Samuel J.
so for those not on RAT facebook, this'll be the first time you have seen this...I will limit my pictures and not show the progress....and process....I will be modifying the buckle so it looks better, and the plates aren't finished yet...leather is on it's way, I ordered a ( plates are bit under 2") a 2" wide by 56" long strip of natural hide, with a 3/4" wide by 72" length piece to be cut into 5 lengths of 14" long strips for the apron, and will have 2" spare. When I ordered I didn't think of the straps to hold a pugio...soo Sad but whatever! I am happy lol... can be ordered with the leather for another project~~~

Anyway hope this works Tongue

Sam
Samuel J.
failed to work again...
Samuel J.
Hi Sam,

An advice: take a free Photobucket account, upload your images there and link to them in the message. Works all the time.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
...or tinypic. Upload the picture to tinypic then copy and paste the "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" like so:

[Image: 2dvvltv.jpg]
Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis

Joe Patt (Paruzynski)
Milton, FL, USA
The previous photo uses the following code:

Code:
[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2dvvltv.jpg[/IMG]
Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis

Joe Patt (Paruzynski)
Milton, FL, USA
mm well honestly I haven't tried that yet and I'll just try uploading a couple...
Samuel J.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4th Century Roman Belt Color Antoninus05 9 4,787 02-27-2016, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Damien Deryckère
  3rd century Roman soldier reconstruction in Aalen panairjdde 5 3,412 11-13-2015, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Martin Moser
  4th Century Roman Belt Primvs Pavlvs 13 3,429 08-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Virilis