Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reconstruction of 1st century roman belt.
Hello everyone, this thread is now the official reconstruction thread for my 1st century Roman belt. Any previous information may be found here, and also other information that'll pop up at random that may save you time AND money!!!

Here's my progress over some time, ( last three weeks I've been too busy playing tennis tournaments here and there but before then, and today, is the progress that's been done.

For those that have been following already, no leather hasn't been ordered, and nor have copper domed rivets, or ball bearings for the belt plates, but I promise it'll be soon, as it's in my own interests to be done! lol...

Here's some pictures, on how it's done, and what it's looking like! Sorry for lacking progress pictures here and there but there's a basic idea Wink

..................................................................................

Now that you've seen the pictures, I'll put out a few pointers, if your belt plate die isn't exact, and you're finding shallow areas in the imprint, of symmetrical dies, you may rotate the plate upside down and repress. This'll give you a perfect stamp!

If some areas aren't very flat, or they don't have sharp distinct edges, for some areas like I have shown, you may individually stamp them with other items to your liking after the initial stamping is complete. For example, the washer and pipe I have, is to sharpen and flatten the inner convection of the ring. Later examples which I plan on will be shown in the future.

Thanks for reading and following,

Sam ( All advice/pointers/ and maybe even criticism are just as welcome as compliments)
Samuel J.
link to other thread, and site is giving me trouble with the pictures...
Samuel J.
http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat.html?fu...&id=306130

attempt #3 on pictures*
Samuel J.
attempt #4
Samuel J.
alright, one day later this problem must be solved as the page is telling me it's the site.
Samuel J.
SAMPLE PICTURE
Samuel J.
I apologize everyone but the page at the end of uploading when "waiting for roman army talk" is occurring, it flashes up " Internal System error, error 500, contact site owner" so if anyone can please help me, obviously others don't seem to be having this problem?

Regards, Sam
Samuel J.
Might I suggest you upload the pic to an imagehost like tinypic. Then paste the code for forums into your reply message.
Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis

Joe Patt (Paruzynski)
Milton, FL, USA
Samuel J.
...okay well it's not working on another computer of mine, so it would be nice to get it sorted ( by a moderator?) anyway, just cause the fact it doesn't work is something that ****** me off lol..
Samuel J.
thanks for ur suggestion
Samuel J.
ddd
Samuel J.
alright it must work now!!!
Samuel J.
alright I am limited to how many photos I can upload so here's a quick overview.
Samuel J.
kll
Samuel J.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4th Century Roman Belt Color Antoninus05 9 4,788 02-27-2016, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Damien Deryckère
  3rd century Roman soldier reconstruction in Aalen panairjdde 5 3,412 11-13-2015, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Martin Moser
  4th Century Roman Belt Primvs Pavlvs 13 3,429 08-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Virilis