Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbridge B Lorica Segmentata
I am considering buying a DSC Corbridge B segmentata over the Corbridge A, partly because it is something different, but also because of the lower maintenance factor, not having to worry about the leather stretching over time or needing oil.

I have only seen a handful of reenactors with the "B" model, Magnus is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

What have been your experiences with the "B" model or people you know who have one?

Naturally the little "keys" are not adjustable and keep the girdle plates at a specific height, though this seems more beneficial than anything. Do they lock in pretty well? I have heard one person complain that they pop out time to time, is this really an issue?

Any other notables, please feel free to share, Thanks
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
They pop out all the time...it's annoying. And the only maintenance you are saving on are 6 small straps which are replaced by the hooks and eyes. I also find the Cor A sits a bit better, since with the leather straps the breast plates can flex a bit.

I don't mind my Cor B, but I think I like how my A fits just a bit better.

Legion: TBD
Thanks for the input Matt, I may just stay with the Cor A after all, though maybe someday I'll try the Cor B.

I know you made your Cor B, but who made your Cor A?

-Matt
I have a B-C.

the hooks I guess you are talking about? on mine rarely pop out, except when removed and not being careful where I set the seg down.
But it was custom made by a craftsman who has retired from making things due to health problems.
Unless I am misunderstanding the question?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Sorry....I should clarify....my hooks only come off when I set the armour down as Byron stated. Its a pain to rehook them. And I also made my Corbridge A.

Legion: TBD
Ok so the eyes only pop out when the seg is set down? That's not the same issue I understood it to be. Anything to add about your experiences with the Cor B, Byron?

-Matt

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lorica Segmentata Hardware. Marcus33 0 269 10-28-2021, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Marcus33
  Lorica segmentata construction help 9thlegion 4 1,780 03-03-2018, 02:53 AM
Last Post: A_Volpe
  Advice on removing rust from Lorica Segmentata Adriangunn 6 3,931 02-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Mervlvs