Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marathon 2014
If I still have my licence and vehicle, that might be a great idea Claire!
Just wonder how you get the kit across the borders inbtween!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Well don't know which route you are going to take. But there are no regular controls between those countries which are part of the Schengen-treaty. So I guess you could go threw France and Italy and take a ferry from the south of Italy to Greece. The Balkan-route might be a bit more difficult. There won't be any controls until you get to the border between Slovenia and Croatia and with all the following borders until Greece.
Patrick D.
Yes, I had toyed with those options several years back, of course the reasoning for avoiding the Balkan route was different then. I think the Italy route would still be best, ferry right into
Piraeus! Thanks!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I'll be looking into horses this time. Both on the spot and transport.
Qui plus fait, miex vault.
Horses would be cool for this. Please post info on how much it would cost to rent one for the weekend. I have had a couple years lessons and might be able to do this event. So fat I have upgraded my soft kit to a living history level and am working on trying to get some armour and weapons.

How do you construct the dummy fighting spears that I see in all the pictures?

Edward
Edward Lindey

A horse is a thing of beauty... none will tire of looking at him as long as he displays himself in his splendor.         Xenophon

Any updates or news?

Edward
Edward Lindey

A horse is a thing of beauty... none will tire of looking at him as long as he displays himself in his splendor.         Xenophon

Wow,
This event sounds cool. Especially since I live only half hour away from Marathon. I think my kids will love it.
Now that sounds ideal Alexios! I envy you!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I have been meaning to take my kids over there for months so we can do a battle study, but I started a new job which unfortunately entails shift work so it's difficult to get everyone's schedules to coincide. Hopefully, we can make it when you guys come, I know it will be amazing.
I had heard this event was being postponed. Is that true?

Edward
Edward Lindey

Yes. At least, the discussion at Amphictyonia seems to have settled firmly on 2015.
Dan D'Silva

Far beyond the rising sun
I ride the winds of fate
Prepared to go where my heart belongs,
Back to the past again.

--  Gamma Ray

Well, I'm tough, rough, ready and I'm able
To pick myself up from under this table...

--  Thin Lizzy

Join the Horde! - http://xerxesmillion.blogspot.com/