Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two New Roman Mini-Series
Hi all, I had mentioned these two series on the Gladiator sequel thread. I dug up some more information:<br>
<br>
HBO series "Rome":<br>
A set picture (looks pretty good) and article from the shooting:<br>
www.cbsnews.com/stories/2...6590.shtml<br>
<br>
Cast:<br>
www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice...rome.shtml<br>
<br>
Photo of soldiers marching (are they actually wearing lorica hamata? Would be nice).<br>
www.tvtome.com/tvtome/ser...wid-23351/<br>
<br>
<br>
Here's some information about ABC's "Empire":<br>
www.digitalspy.co.uk/arti...12614.html<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Aka
Christoph
the photo of soldiers marching looks to me like the same crappy costume stuff that's been used since ben hur. <p></p><i></i>
Definitely leather armour in the front there, I'm afraid.<br>
<br>
Incidentally, I assume that this is the series the BBC are doing with HBO instead of the planned adaptations of Lindsey Davis' 'Falco' bookss. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=carusandiumae@romanarmytalk>Carus Andiumae</A> at: 10/1/04 11:59 am<br></i>
Yes, the officers are wearing something like leather muscle armor. But the legionnaries (and the signifer?) might be wearing chain mail, if I'm not totally wrong. Hard to tell from the picture. And it's nice to see a traverse crest for a change (although we had those in I Claudius and in the new Polish Quo Vadis, I know...).<br>
And yes, "Rome" is the HBO-BBC coproduction. We'll see how it turns out. <p></p><i></i>
Aka
Christoph
For those interested, there are more pictures on the Caesar actor's site:<br>
www.ciaranhindsonline.com/rome.htm<br>
<br>
The sets look impressive, with painted statues and such. Officer armour looks like mostly the usual leather muscle stuff, but one picture shows some chainmail, too. If this comes anywhere near the Sopranos or Deadwood in quality, it should make for fun entertainment. <p></p><i></i>
Aka
Christoph
Top. <p></p><i></i>
Aka
Christoph

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hercules mini series Arthes 2 1,300 02-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Matthew Amt
  New "Decisive Battles" mini-series on the History Theodosius the Great 20 3,453 09-27-2004, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Theodosius the Great
  ABC television\'s "Empire" mini series Hibernicus 3 1,284 05-13-2004, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Anonymous