Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman imperial Armour (D. Sim & J. Kaminski)
pre-ordered it already about a year ago, but today I found it in my postbox. Big Grin

I just looked through it at speed and it contains many interesting pictures, diagrams, tables, about the production methods of Roman armour. I have to get a good read through it, but I think it is a very welcome addition to every shelf of anyone who want to make his own armour with 'accurate' metallurgy and period production techniques.

Don't expect an interesting overview about Roman armour, as it contains only technical details (metal contents, etc) of armour, just a few pictures of originals and reproductions. If you're looking for that, just get B&C2.

Nevertheless, I think this might be a highly recommended book to everyone wanting to give reconstructing armour a go.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Thanks for the lead Jurjen!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Had mine on 'wish list' on Amazon, but went ahead and pre-ordered. Thanks Jurjen!
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
I did it myself some weeks ago
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arms and Armour of the Imperial Roman Soldier sesdelta38 14 5,579 10-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Agricola
  Roman Imperial Armour - Sim and Kaminski Vindex 7 3,167 01-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Vindex
  Robinson - Armour Imperial Rome - 175 dollars martijn.wijnhoven 17 5,646 10-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar