Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Imperial Armour - Sim and Kaminski
...only £18.95 from Oxbow Books...and they have 840 more titles on Greece and Rome in their sale Confusedhock: :wink: (and USA rate as well as UK)

http://www.oxbowbooks.com/bookinfo.cfm/ID/90894
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
ordered before xmas still waiting
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
The books I ordered before Christmas arrived today so hopefully yours wont be too far behind. They can be a bit slow...nothing like Amazon!!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Cheers again forthe link!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I'm halfway through it at the moment, and find it very interesting Smile See my first 'observance review' elsewhere on the forum.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:See my first 'observance review' elsewhere on the forum.

That's why I bought it...particularly having compleyed the first part of my blacksmithing course.

Sadly that means the no new book New Year's Resolution is in tatters...so off to buy the Pliny I want too Big Grin
Moi Watson

Just finished and highly recommended for everyone wanting another look in the production (technology) of Roman armour. It has some very interesting views in it, for sure.
ALA I BATAVORUM
My copy has just arrived (along with Wearing the Cloak) and I've been badly distracted by it already! I'm also pleased I've done my basic blacksmithing course before starting to read this as I think I'll get a lot more out of it now. (Very interesting sequence of high speed photographs of fire welding for example).

Quite possibly a "must have" but more for those interested in metal working techniques rather than the finished article on it's own (and makes me FAR more appreciative of the skill of ancient smiths.)
Moi Watson

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arms and Armour of the Imperial Roman Soldier sesdelta38 14 5,489 10-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Agricola
  Roman imperial Armour (D. Sim & J. Kaminski) jvrjenivs 3 2,194 12-28-2011, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Gunthamund Hasding
  Robinson - Armour Imperial Rome - 175 dollars martijn.wijnhoven 17 5,592 10-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar