Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower cross hanger under plate, designs?
Oh, thank you Brian! I didn't see your reply :oops:

I am thinking now I'll just leave it as is. Really nice scallop idea though! Like you said, it's not necessary. Too much isn't a good thing. I want the two cross hangers to be about two inches within each other and leaving it bare allows me to make them closer so the lower one needs nothing complimenting it.
I tried to use what was said before in my other thread, methods suggested by both you and Crispvs, and I understand the methods of nailing nails through the scabbard to be peened over at the back, or having "concealed" rivets joining hanger to locket plate, and secured with small nails not going through the scabbard. But I will be using small nails to secure the chape, as no better way is at mind.
I need help coming to a conclusion on the hangers...I think it's plausible to use small nails for the locket plate, and a long rivet to go through the hangers, through to the back of the scabbard, and peened over. Like the nail method but I doubt I will be able to get solid brass nails, so I'll use a thin maybe 16th" drill bit, drill through, get a brass rod, pre rivet a head, put through the scabbard and bang over the back of the hanger as tight as can be resting on the hard back surface of the hanger.

Anyway, I really appreciate you getting back, thanks,

Sam
Samuel J.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Lower cross hanger under plate, designs? - by Fidelis Sam - 12-16-2011, 06:17 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blade Cross Sections and Designs Pointer 10 2,336 09-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Augustus Janus
  Scutum hanger/Harness Cavok 53 8,737 04-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Last Post: Cavok
  Corbridge A Breastplates - to cross or not cross diagonally? sulla felix 217 53,279 07-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar