Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Scholar
Just to show that there are benefits to hanging around Slashdot other than scoring geek points, I see that the inhabitants of the planet Google have just launched 'Google Scholar':<br>
<br>
scholar.google.com/<br>
<br>
This enables you to search for citations of references and check online library catalogues. A brief roadtest (looking for 'author: coulston j.c.n.' then 'author: coulston j.c.') just showed the fallibility of citers, all three results were to the Batsford RME volume (which Jon wrote as J.C.N. Coulston) and none to the Shire (where he was J.C. Coulston). Make of that what you will.<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
It helps if you have a funny name.<br>
'm c bishop' invokes page after page of molecular biology and urinary studies with no Romans in sight. <p></p><i></i>
** Vincula/Lucy **
<em>'m c bishop' invokes page after page of molecular biology and <strong>urinary</strong> studies with no Romans in sight.</em><br>
<br>
And you're surprised? ;-)<br>
<br>
That's why I deliberately chose a bloke with an odd name to look up!<br>
<br>
Mike Bishop <p></p><i></i>
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
looks interesting. am i missing something or after it gives you the list, it still does the search on the 'regular' google ?<br>
<br>
i would like to be able to look up book critiques that aren't with a bookseller or library. places where critiques aren't afraid to give their educated opinion. <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Scholar any good? Epictetus 4 2,280 10-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Last Post: D B Campbell