Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Fort Parker 2
Nope. It was Cohort V from the start, middle, and end.
Leg XIII might have had another event there, I don't know, but the one on this thread was not that one.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Yes, as a matter of fact, you can go back on this thread and see our photos of the first Ft Parker last April, as David said, it was a Cohort V ran event, other legions attended, but we set up and ran the event (as with the recent Ft Parker 2). If anyone says different , they are telling an elaborate "story"..............Antoninus
Michael T. Boyd
Victoria, Texas
Cohort V
Legio Hispana IX
Cornuti Seniores

Roman Soldier Impressions are focused on 1st Through 4th Century AD
Edited.

New post - Dave Wills is a stand-up guy, and has never been dishonest.

Legion: TBD
Look at the very first post in the thread. Where do you get any other conclusion other than what is written there? Coh V set up the event at last year's Fort Parker, too, which is clearly stated in that thread. Just facts.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
A little testy Dave? Relax hoss.

You wrote:
Quote:Unh hunh.

self-edited

Just for the record, where did you get the idea that Ft. Parker was a Legion XIII event? I'm not even a member of that group, and never have been.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Edited.

I get my ideas usually from research...sometimes they just come to me.

Why are you being deliberately provocative about something that is clearly demonstrable? Coh V planned and executed the Fort Parker camp two years in a row so far, and that's just the fact. Just a simple check in the threads would show that. If someone is saying otherwise, that would be inaccurate information. Mike Boyd wrote the first thread for the First Ft. Parker camp, and Mike is a member of Cohort V.

I could have joined the 13th after my wife, my son, and I attended a first meeting at their Anderson, TX camp a couple of years ago, but we chose not to do so for reasons of our own. As you say, you weren't there, so it would be hard for you to have any first hand information. And since I'm not generally a gossip, what was said and done there doesn't need repeating in an unrelated public forum such as this, but suffice it to say I did not respond negatively to the hazing ceremony, and evidently "passed their test", but opted out afterwards.

I am constantly amazed at how much people conclude about me without ever asking me any questions to confirm or deny the allegations. Can you point to something about which I have ever been dishonest to you about, Matt? I don't remember any. Naturally, you are free to believe anything you like.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Edited.

New Post - Sometimes people make honest mistakes. Sometimes they don't.

You brought it up publicly, say on.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Edit.

New post - Some people think that video and audio recording devices are an infringement upon their rights to privacy...I say that matter is still up for debate. That and time machines.

-----------
So do you or don't you believe that Cohort V started the Fort Parker camps, and if not, on what do you base your skepticism of that matter, Matt?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Chaps, the tone of this thread has become unpleasant. The ad hominem accusations of dishonesty are particularly unacceptable forum behaviour -either they are edited out or I will edit them out. PM also sent. Play nicely!
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Self edited.

For the record, Leg XIII did attend the 2011 Ft. Parker event.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Here's a few photos. It's a wonderful fort, though not quite Roman, it's about the best of its kind in Texas that we've found so far.

The Fort is about 100meters on a side, with a blockhouse on opposite corners. There are rifle slots in the palisade, and murder holes on the floor of the blockhouses. No one is allowed to camp inside the walls any more, as the owners regard the place as a shrine of sorts in memory of those who were killed there in the conflict with the Comanche...and because tent pegs and sprinkler systems are not good friends.

Only one of us got a camera in action during the camp because we were busy with the school kids, the skills training and competition. The guests took quite a few photos, but we have not received them yet.

In the photos, Galenius and Marcus set out for the spring about the same time to fetch water, but for some reason, Marcus always seemed to get back to camp sooner.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ROMAN ENCAMPMENT at Fort Parker in Texas MARCH 11-13, 2016 Antoninus05 2 2,198 01-22-2016, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Antoninus05
  Old Fort Parker 3 M. Demetrius 10 2,847 02-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  Event at Old Fort Parker,Texas April 29-May 1 2011 Antoninus05 10 3,156 04-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Antoninus05