Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagle of the Ninth on the Radio
Many years ago I emailed BBC Radio 7 (as it was then) to ask if they still had the recording of David Davis (not the Tory MP, but rather the distinguished broadcaster) reading Eagle of the Ninth which was what introduced me to it many many years ago. Sadly they appear to have lost it in the Great Tape Recycling scandal but they did say they proposed replaying a dramatised version of it. And here it is. Probably won't work for those outside the UK, but there you go; there has to be a price to pay for not being on the Sceptred Isle, after all ;-)

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Works in Germany.... ^^
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Wow - that's brilliant, Mike, thank you for posting. Now to find some time to listen to it. Big Grin
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
I listened along with my son.... he's looking forward to the next installment Smile
Paul Elliott

Legions in Crisis
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/17815...d_i=468294

Charting the Third Century military crisis - with a focus on the change in weapons and tactics.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Review:The Eagle of the Ninth by Rosemary Sutcliff ParthianBow 42 10,392 09-10-2011, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Brent Nielsen
  Eagle of the Ninth to be filmed Robert Vermaat 54 12,084 01-02-2010, 04:03 AM
Last Post: Marcus F.
  The Eagle of the Ninth Series got me into Roman Archeolagy. Rdjulius 3 1,320 03-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Rdjulius