Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hadrian\'s Wall
I have spruced up, revised, and generally titivated the Per Lineam Valli website to coincide with the launch of my new ebook An Introduction to Hadrian's Wall. Twittery and bloggy things are also happening and I am even thinking of launching a range of cuddly milecastles... only joking on the last one ;-)

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Will this be available for the Kindle Flame?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Will this be available for the Kindle Flame?
Is that a Kindle Fire that burns more brightly? ;-) It will work with any of the Kindle hardware, including the Fire, but also with the Kindle software that runs on PC or Android (tablets and phones), and on the Kindle Cloud Reader for anything Apple flavoured (or, indeed, running Chrome/Chromium). There will also be an EPUB version that will be readable on other non-Amazon readers and, if there is enough interest, I may even resort to a dead-tree version (but that will inevitably cost more due to lumberjack fees, native bearers to lug them around etc etc).

Mike Bishop

Yes, that one... :oops: :roll:

So it will be in colour on the fire then?
Great, I may invest in one then.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:So it will be in colour on the fire then?
Great, I may invest in one then.
It is mostly text so the only colour bit is the front cover. Future books in the series will include colour but I started writing this long before anyone was talking about a colour Kindle.

Mike Bishop

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Future Learn - Hadrian\'s Wall tigger 3 2,217 05-21-2015, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Charlie
  Everyday Life of a Soldier on Hadrian\'s Wall Quintus Aurelius Lepidus 0 1,322 04-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Quintus Aurelius Lepidus
  Podcast on Hadrian\'s Wall sculpture mcbishop 0 979 09-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Last Post: mcbishop