Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadliest warrior season 3
Has anyone one been watching the newest season of Deadliest Warrior? Opinions?
Quote:Has anyone one been watching the newest season of Deadliest Warrior? Opinions?

Awful....and I haven't even seen it :lol: :lol:

Seriously though if it's anything like the previous two series completely awful from a point of view of historical accuracy but hugely entertaining hokum!
Marc Byrne
Is that the History Channel show? If it is the one I'm thinking of, I agree with Marc. The other ones were so terrible I can't handle watching them now.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Yeah I used to watch a few shows, and the Roman Centurion vs. Ninja was CR@P! :evil: I mean, why would a Centurion without a shield, no pila, but yet a scorpion come hand to hand with a Ninja! Okay I get the diversity makes things interesting, but I'm talking about why a centurion and not a legionary, maybe because of an assassination attempt? Well why was the scene in a lightly wooded area and not in a building where the ninja couldn't out run the Centurion?! Good luck getting past an entire legion or two to get to the general Confusedhock: ... why bother with a centurion... and the thing that bothers me the most, the butt faces on there are soooo full of it! They use a computer to determine an outcome? hmm gotta rethink the show some more...

Sam
Samuel J.
Our fellow member Ardeshir Radpour alerted us to the latest coupling: Hernan Cortes versus Ivan the Terrible. Ardeshir played Cortes. :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Confusedhock: I retract my earlier comment.

1) I don't think this is the same show I was thinking about.
2) Cortes vs. Ivan the Terrible? Now that's entertainment.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Quote:Yeah I used to watch a few shows, and the Roman Centurion vs. Ninja was CR@P! :evil: I mean, why would a Centurion without a shield, no pila, but yet a scorpion come hand to hand with a Ninja! Okay I get the diversity makes things interesting, but I'm talking about why a centurion and not a legionary, maybe because of an assassination attempt? Well why was the scene in a lightly wooded area and not in a building where the ninja couldn't out run the Centurion?! Good luck getting past an entire legion or two to get to the general Confusedhock: ... why bother with a centurion... and the thing that bothers me the most, the butt faces on there are soooo full of it! They use a computer to determine an outcome? hmm gotta rethink the show some more...

Sam

Actually the ninja fought a Spartan with his shield. And the Spartan won. The Roman fought a Rajput warrior and lost. I do agree that they did not do the Roman justice.
Quote:Confusedhock: I retract my earlier comment.

1) I don't think this is the same show I was thinking about.
2) Cortes vs. Ivan the Terrible? Now that's entertainment.

And Gengis Khan vs. Hannibal too
Classical age characters have not faired well on that show (Alexander lost to Attila, a gladiator lost to an apache, Centurion lost to a Rajput) at least the Spartan won, and was the first season's ultimate champion defeating the Ninja.

The first two seasons took into no consideration tactics or skill, only one weapon vs the other. At least this new season they generator factors in skill, bravado, tactics and whatnot into the decision. I have only seen the Cortez vs Ivan so far, which I enjoyed, however I often disagree with the "winning" weapons which greatly decides the outcome.

Now that they are moving onto "Historical figures" especially in season 3 that it won't be long before Caesar makes an appearance. I would like to see the Praetorian guard (at their height around the time Hadrian I believe, not the Praetorian guard that just bullied senators and citizens lol) battle someone
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
I think this new season is far better than the last and completely appreciate that they are now 'considering' tactics, fighting styles, but above all else - Armor.

No longer are all warriors considered 'naked pig carcasses' armor is being tested and it was great to see why iron armor is better than bronze without just being told. I would love to see the romans get some justice now.

But above all else, this is just entertainment, are you not entertained? :p
Damian Laurence Zamprogno
I am Sempronivs, but then I am entertained by your avatar. That picture is hilarious.
Ha thanks, we cut my friends cake with my gladii, this picture was taken moments later
Damian Laurence Zamprogno
Ahh ok that makes sense now, before I just thought you were licking your gladius, but now that there is cake I can approve of doing such a thing :mrgreen:
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deadliest Warrior Gaius Octavius Drusus 5 1,729 10-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Dithrambus
  Deadliest Warrior! Phalanx300 25 4,063 05-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Last Post: ArthuroftheBritons
  Deadliest Warrior Hibernicus 0 722 04-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Hibernicus