Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brass work for Gladius in process.
Thank you Crispvs, I am no longer going with the half inch cross brace/bar, as #1 It wouldn't look any better unless patterned, #2 more work, #3 not sufficient evidence when also using the style locket plate I am using.
I can see that with the Porto Novo cross hangers, they seem at an angle groove at the front, but not around the loops, which a new pattern starts after the rivets, ( more complex)and where the rivets are, there is no embossing looks like? For the loops, as I have a side view, this was the pattern I was going with, 2 concave side groves, with one in between, that one being convex with a middle small ridge, which you can see in my example picture. I cant make the outer two grooves proud at the sides, and I will be folding over the edge by an eighth of an inch, because that's the most suited brass they had, and adding strength, and a blunt edge. I might make another stamp up Sad take me a day or two, it's hard getting them to match up!

I think I'm following you pretty well with the first part of your reply, the main bend of the loops occur where the rivets begin, out to where they start going back the way. Anyway, I will probably not have to make a stamp for the simple single angle ridge, but try and file down better the one I have. Do you have any idea how I could bring Ventus's method to life?

Regards, Sam
Samuel J.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Joe - 08-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 08-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 08-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Fidelis Sam - 09-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 12-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Charl - 03-07-2012, 07:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pompeii Gladius and Scabbard - Work in Progress sulla felix 71 12,587 03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Robert