Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brass work for Gladius in process.
Ok so tonight didn't go so well :-( First off I have a very sore thumb as I hit it with a plastic mallet while attempting to fix up a brass piece which is for the back of the scabbard up top Sad Should be ok to carry things with tomorrow, so I guess I didn't get outa chores this time :neutral:

I did polish all of the locket plate, and there's a couple specks I gotta do on the final polish when assembling. I small dented this rectangular brass plate to the point of no return, even after annealing... so I am going to ask for a double checking... here are some pics and a couple or 3 questions.

Pic #1 is the front plate wrapped up.

Pic #2 is the back, so you can see what the back pieces are going to be riveted to, soldering if I have to!

On pic #3 I have the half inch piece I plan on going around the edge of the very top of the pocket plate. I think this should go all the way around, and I feel good about making some stamps for a pretty design, so I'm sure that will be good idea. Opinion?]

AND pic #4 The large piece of brass is the right shape of what I'm thinking of going at the back top of the locket plate, but I messed that one up... Double checking, I saw one Matt Lukes made with the same thing, is it ok for my locket plate too? it was a Pompeii. /...and the Brass strip going around to the back is shown.

Sam

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Samuel J.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Joe - 08-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 08-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 08-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Fidelis Sam - 09-18-2011, 05:11 AM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 12-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Charl - 03-07-2012, 07:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pompeii Gladius and Scabbard - Work in Progress sulla felix 71 12,587 03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Robert