Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brass work for Gladius in process.
Hey, sorry for not having any updates, biology calls...
So I was looking around at some old threads and I stumbled across two amazing links in which have the rightfulness to be re posted! Here...VERY INTERESTING and helped me with my troubling doubts about how bad my sword really is :neutral: I still am reallllly tempted to make another sword, I loved the grinding process, watching the shape take part awwwww :-o Here.. :-x www.armae.com/Actualitesetmanuels/Mainz/Mainz.htm and http://www.roma-victrix.com/armamentariu...smainz.htm
Have fun reading and looking guys. It's some amazing work! Recreational and original!

I am making the cast tonight after my work was done, and will cast it tomorrow, or next day. See how busy tomorrow is. In one of the pics in the links you'll see the style chape I'm using for my scabbard, which is historically correct. I'm trying the best I can. I will be cutting out the lower chape pieces soon, maybe tonight. "Measure twice, cut once! " If you that bad, measure quadruple to double :roll: ...and maybe cut twice. :wink:

Sam

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Samuel J.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Joe - 08-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Fidelis Sam - 08-18-2011, 06:58 AM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 08-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 08-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 12-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Charl - 03-07-2012, 07:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pompeii Gladius and Scabbard - Work in Progress sulla felix 71 12,587 03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Robert