Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brass work for Gladius in process.
So I have been getting on with some things while waiting for PhilusEstilius, or anyone with advice to my questions as to the brass.
I have been wanting and needing to finish the handle for good, so in any free spare time I work on it. Tonight I have had more time than usual and was working on making the guard look more acceptable and the handle's ridges more profound and straight. Cleaning it up in the process, hopefully in the following pictures you can see the improvements. I also oiled the mahogany wood with olive oil to darken it and give it a golden glow.
I made a trip to several hardware stores, with the exception of one which I'll try, to find a good potential terminal knob. I found the following, but it didn't say either solid brass, or brass finish. And the area where the brass gutters should fit in is too wide possibly. I'm going to search some terminal knobs related to my sword's era for some sizes. I just can't find any capable solid brass items to convert into a terminal knob...I might have to either have to cast one, or buy a door handle :-?

Sam

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Samuel J.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Joe - 08-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Fidelis Sam - 08-10-2011, 07:14 AM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 08-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 08-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Doc - 12-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Re: Brass work for Gladius in process. - by Charl - 03-07-2012, 07:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pompeii Gladius and Scabbard - Work in Progress sulla felix 71 12,587 03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Robert