Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
\"Terrorism and the Legions of Rome\"
Hi all. Recently several of you really helped me out in finding good sources for an essay on the Roman's use of terror in war. So of course I think I ought to post the final result! Hopefully this provides a somewhat decent overview of the topic. It's nothing fancy, but here's the link below.

"Terrorism and the Legions of Rome"

My thanks to Jvrjenivs for kindly hosting my essay on his website!
Nomen:Jared AKA "Nihon" AKA "Nihonius" AKA "Hey You"

Now with Anti-Varus protection! If your legion is lost for any reason, we will give it back! Guaranteed!

Carpe Dium
I just read your paper, and I have to say it was excellent. I am guessing that this was an A+.
Titius Vedius Medullinus
Well done!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hey thanks guys! The teacher gave it pretty good praise, and an A (not sure if he ever bothers with plusses and minuses...)The only somewhat negative comment I got was that he didn't seem to see how the use of deception was a means to create fear (creating a false impretion of numbers for example. Oh well, I'm happy with my grade. Hopefully my next paper on the Romans in Germany does as well...still have to get to researching that one.
Anyways, thanks again!

Now with Anti-Varus protection! If your legion is lost for any reason, we will give it back! Guaranteed!

Carpe Dium
Excellent paper, can I ask what level class that was for?
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
Um, 300 or 400 hundred level? Not sure if all schools go by that system, and I'm not actually too sure of the number itself either. It's really an independent study course. I basically came up with the class and am the only student. I never need to go to a lecture, I just do my own research and present finished essays to my teacher (who specializes in Roman hist.) who gives me a grade. It's a pretty nice system I think.

Carpe Dium
I'm a history major myself, and am interested in doing some independent course studies on the Romans as well. I should talk to my some of my professors about it...
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
Where are you studying if I may ask?

Carpe Dium

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legions of Rome by Dando Collins Scutum designs MarcusNorwood 4 2,229 12-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Caratacus
  HBO Helmet (From "The Legions of Rome" Thread by Arbeia) Spurius Papirius Cursor 4 2,860 10-14-2010, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Spurius Papirius Cursor
  The Legions of Rome Arbeia 19 4,186 10-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Last Post: Spurius Papirius Cursor