Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kult of Athena Subarmalis by DSC
You are correct Jurjen, each group has their own standard...there is no standardization between groups per se. And certainly no one has universaly accepted these standards. And that's an interesting aspect that you state regarding event locations having their own standards as well...something we are lucky to avoid here in N. America (at least for the Roman Era).

On a personal note, I would think it's better to allow those people who's equipment isn't as good, to come to the events. Then, those with better gear can lead by example. Unless of course you are refering to era specific gear? Then that makes total sense.

But what you mention is the main reason I am not in favor of display-only events (public) vs actual reenacting. I'd rather have people show up with a passion for Rome with garbage gear, than people with an attitude problem and are allegedly 100% accurate (if there is such a thing). This way it gives those with good impressions the chance to help those who need it, rather than turn them away. Especially in a niche-hobby like this, we need more people, not less.

That has happened a TON in N. America for the War of 1812 period. Too many self-important people running things and losing a lot of potential participants. Those situations can definately be handled better.

Legion: TBD
I just bought one myself. I am new to re-enacting and to the VI Legion. Is it expectable to leave it white or do we have to dye it?
Titius Vedius Medullinus
well, if you keep it white, it's fine. But that will be hard. Once you've worn a hamata over it it will be greyish Big Grin

Actually, the only problem with the colour it comes in, is the pink shade it has from the middle layer of padding. You don't want that to be visible. But again, use it under a hamata a couple of times, and the problem will be gone Big Grin
ALA I BATAVORUM