Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Stand: Teutoburg Forest 9AD
Hi Folks,

.... not new but stil worth showing: A Legatus Legionis of the Varus-Army in the final stage of the battle!

[Image: legatus-09a-rat.jpg] [Image: legatus-10a-rat.jpg] [Image: legatus-12detrat.jpg] [Image: legatus-11derat.jpg]
[Image: legatus-13det2rat.jpg]

Enjoy!
Andreas Strassmeir
Amazing! What scale is this figure?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
scale is 54 mm, figure is sculpted by Alan Ball and released by Thorsberg-Miniatures!
Andreas Strassmeir
Quote:.... not new but stil worth showing: A Legatus Legionis of the Varus-Army in the final stage of the battle!
I love the cuts on his lower legs - he probably ran through the forest?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
.... he did!
Andreas Strassmeir
Neat!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I have had lower leg welts that looked just like that, for the same reason (though I wasn't fleeing bloodthirsty enemies)
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Outstanding! I echo what the others said about the welts/weathering. I also really like he soggy wet groundwork. The mushrooms are a great touch. I know one company makes them commercially, but they are also very easy to make - which did you use?
I've never had any experience with Thorsberg miniatures. The figure looks very nice, and Alan Ball is a first rate sculptor. Is the casting/fit of equal quality?
Once again, well done.
Kevin
Thanks for the compliments everybody!

@ Kevin:
Glad you like it. The mushrooms are actually model railway scenery in H0 scale made by the German company “Busch”. But now there are at least two German figure manufacturers who make 54-75mm scale mushrooms out of white metal. These are “Kellerkind” and “Sparta”.

The quality of Thorsberg figures is excellent. The casting is done by very experienced German craftsmen. The casting quality and the material are IMHO better than those of the market leaders ...
… and I just don’t say this because it is my own company! Don’t take my word for it – check the reviews in various international figure forums.

Happy New Year
Andreas Strassmeir
Great work -- if only I had that level of skill. :|

Thanks for sharing.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Brilliant

A Legatus Legionis with a bloodied sword...just shows you how close the fight was getting! Confusedhock:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Indeed I have only heard good things about your company! I have some mushroom floating around somewhere (that sounded very 60s...), but I usually make my own. A tiny bit of putty and a quick twist with a hobby knife and viola!

Again, very well done.
Kevin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  news from the Teutoburg-Forest arminius 10 2,944 11-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Jeroen Pelgrom