RomanArmyTalk
Last Stand: Teutoburg Forest 9AD - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Gaming & Modelling (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Last Stand: Teutoburg Forest 9AD (/showthread.php?tid=18075)

Last Stand: Teutoburg Forest 9AD - arminius - 12-29-2010

Hi Folks,

.... not new but stil worth showing: A Legatus Legionis of the Varus-Army in the final stage of the battle!

[Image: legatus-09a-rat.jpg] [Image: legatus-10a-rat.jpg] [Image: legatus-12detrat.jpg] [Image: legatus-11derat.jpg]
[Image: legatus-13det2rat.jpg]

Enjoy!

Re: Last Stand: Teutoburg Forest 9AD - M. Demetrius - 12-29-2010

Amazing! What scale is this figure?

Re: Last Stand: Teutoburg Forest 9AD - arminius - 12-29-2010

scale is 54 mm, figure is sculpted by Alan Ball and released by Thorsberg-Miniatures!

Re: Last Stand: Teutoburg Forest 9AD - Robert Vermaat - 12-29-2010

Quote:.... not new but stil worth showing: A Legatus Legionis of the Varus-Army in the final stage of the battle!
I love the cuts on his lower legs - he probably ran through the forest?

Re: Last Stand: Teutoburg Forest 9AD - arminius - 12-29-2010

.... he did!

Re: Last Stand: Teutoburg Forest 9AD - Praefectusclassis - 12-29-2010

Neat!

Re: Last Stand: Teutoburg Forest 9AD - M. Demetrius - 12-29-2010

I have had lower leg welts that looked just like that, for the same reason (though I wasn't fleeing bloodthirsty enemies)

Re: Last Stand: Teutoburg Forest 9AD - KET - 12-30-2010

Outstanding! I echo what the others said about the welts/weathering. I also really like he soggy wet groundwork. The mushrooms are a great touch. I know one company makes them commercially, but they are also very easy to make - which did you use?
I've never had any experience with Thorsberg miniatures. The figure looks very nice, and Alan Ball is a first rate sculptor. Is the casting/fit of equal quality?
Once again, well done.

Re: Last Stand: Teutoburg Forest 9AD - arminius - 12-31-2010

Thanks for the compliments everybody!

@ Kevin:
Glad you like it. The mushrooms are actually model railway scenery in H0 scale made by the German company “Busch”. But now there are at least two German figure manufacturers who make 54-75mm scale mushrooms out of white metal. These are “Kellerkind” and “Sparta”.

The quality of Thorsberg figures is excellent. The casting is done by very experienced German craftsmen. The casting quality and the material are IMHO better than those of the market leaders ...
… and I just don’t say this because it is my own company! Don’t take my word for it – check the reviews in various international figure forums.

Happy New Year

Re: Last Stand: Teutoburg Forest 9AD - Narukami - 12-31-2010

Great work -- if only I had that level of skill. :|

Thanks for sharing.

:wink:

Narukami

Re: Last Stand: Teutoburg Forest 9AD - Vindex - 12-31-2010

Brilliant

A Legatus Legionis with a bloodied sword...just shows you how close the fight was getting! Confusedhock:

Re: Last Stand: Teutoburg Forest 9AD - KET - 01-01-2011

Indeed I have only heard good things about your company! I have some mushroom floating around somewhere (that sounded very 60s...), but I usually make my own. A tiny bit of putty and a quick twist with a hobby knife and viola!

Again, very well done.