Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mainz scabbards reconstructons
avete omnes

tree reproductions of mainz scabbards,the first in the left the scabbard of Vindonissa,in the centrum mainz scabbard whit plates in opus interrasile,in the right the famous scabbard of Fulham.All the scabbards belong to praetorians cohort so are entire silvered.

good sol invictus

valete
PierPaolo siercovich
Magnifico! Sfarzoso!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
ave

Dear Demetrius...you used very good italian word..sfarzoso! you know...the emperor whont that his praetorian have to be...sfarzosi!!! he give them more money than normal legionary but whant that they could have very pretiosus equipment....

vale
PierPaolo siercovich
The scabbards look great! Sol Invictus! Unconquered Sun! Voittamaton Aurinko!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Stunning pieces Confusedhock: Especially the first one.
But as you silvered these? It 's a very good result!
CIAO from Italy

Marco
ave

we could speack in italian but for respect to the other people in this forum is good speack in english :wink:

the pieces are silvered and is not a "flash" sivering but very good tickness of silver in fact when some years ago I started to do the silvering of the scabbards i gived to the silver good tickness because my swords are not for collectors but for reenactors that have to use and if you put only a few of silver after some time the silver go away.in my scabbards there is really a small sheet of silver and you can live your scabbard under the hurrican...that the silver don't go away.

the problem is tht in last year the silver is grown up whit price,if one year ago costed 1,today cost 2.

I use a galvanic firm that do for me very good price..if you whant more information please contact me in privat.

PS compliment for your casting work..are masterpieces
PierPaolo siercovich

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mainz gladius with frame scabbards Marcus Mummius 7 2,529 10-19-2008, 04:34 AM
Last Post: Magnus
  Help - Mainz Scabbards - Geometric Punched Designs sulla felix 12 3,304 03-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Last Post: LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS
  Fulham or Mainz pattern scabbards Anonymous 3 1,341 09-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Last Post: venicone