Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon Scarrow\'s 4th
Simon's website says his next book, "The Eagle and The Wolves" is finished and off to the publisher, or something like that. If he's hanging around, maybe he'll enlighten us? <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Sorry about the delay in responding - some swine zapped me with a virus and I'm still getting the PC back together.<br>
Yes, EATW is complete (all but), and should be out in August in the UK. So far, wife, dad, agent and editor are pretty happy about it. The book is gritty and quite grim and Cato is having a hard time adjusting to the new rank. Before the edit of the first draft there was one extended series of battles and skirmishes that ran for 150 pages out of 350 - so that had to be culled a bit as I did rather get carried away. On top of the action, there's some pretty devious work being done by some of the local nobility who are not too pleased by King Verica's toadying to Rome. And in the background (until thrown very much into the foreground) we have Caratacus cleverly misleading General Plautius and coming within an ace of destroying the invading legions.<br>
So then, business as usual for Vespasian's 'Suicide commando' (winks at Derek).<br>
Incidentally, there's an interesting character by the name of Silva on the staff for this tale.... <p></p><i></i>
Maybe we can get the director's cut version later? <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Just posted the artwork on the what's new page of my website. Looks good, I say. Any comments? <p></p><i></i>
new website?<br>
What is the URL? <p></p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Same website:<br>
<br>
www.scarrow.fsnet.co.uk/latest_news.htm<br>
<br>
Looking forward to getting my hands on it. <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>