Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Batavi among us......Daniyal and Jurjen do it again!
Looking great Jurjen!

Will you be continuing the plaited tresses over the neck guard on this reconstruction like the Nijmegen example?
This one will get my own interpretation on the Xanten helmet, slightly different from the example in the new Xanten museum. (and of course I used another colour scheme). So, no, here the braiding will stop and the neck-guard will be covered in normal hairs.

The Kops Plateau 1, which is next on my list, will be a museum quality reproduction, following the original as close as possible.
ALA I BATAVORUM
And the Xanten helmet decorations are finished. Will have to get the mask silvered some time soon. Next on the list is a copy of the Nijmegen Kops Plateau helmet, where the decorations are quite more difficult.

I'm very thankfull to Olga van Lunsen for her enourmous effort in getting all the horsehair decorations done Big Grin

Enjoy!

[Image: xantenHelmet3.jpg]

[Image: xantenHelmet4.jpg]
ALA I BATAVORUM
Stunning - great work!
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Italic D question for Jurjen or anyone else ANTONIVS MAGNVS 38 6,383 03-02-2013, 01:07 AM
Last Post: PhilusEstilius
  The Batavi and Traditional Japanese Swimming MarcusNorwood 21 3,838 12-27-2012, 03:05 AM
Last Post: Robert
  The Batavi have a shiny, new Draco Semisalis Abruna 4 1,649 12-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat