Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castra- Roper Mountain, Sept 11
Roman and Barbarian friends,

You are all cordially invited to our next event!

Roper Mountain
CASTRA ROMANA
Leg VI Host
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Roper Mountain Science Center
402 Roper Mountain Road * Greenville, SC 29615 * 864 355-8900
http://www.ropermountain.org/
Greenville, South Carolina

Leg VI is proud to announce that we have been selected for a "2nd Saturday" Event at the Roper mountain Science Center in Greenville, SC! The event will be a "mini-castra" with 800 to 1200 students and parents coming out to see the glory that was Rome. All Roman Re-enactors are invited to attend. We would like civilian, barbarian, and Gladiator impressions too, as we have space for the Arena, Camp display, Drill area, Artillery display, engineering display, SOTW, and some supporting events hosted by students and Roper Mountian staff. Horse friendly site!

This is a Max Effort event for Leg VI and Leg XI.

Tentative Schedule: Arrive friday afternooon for setup, event begins Saturday 10 am, concludes aT 4 PM. Teardown that night or sunday morning. Short, sweet, and to the point.

Saturday evening we will have a jollification somewhere!

Command Hotel TBA.

If you have a display to set up, let us know in advance so we can plan it into the event.
Visit our website, www.LEGVI.com for updates as we close in on the event!
Some asked me in email, so I will answer here too: YES, we wouls be happy to have late Romans and Barbarian allies at this event as well as Castra Romana in November. Bring your unarmored recruits too! I just finished adding 6 doublers to our loaner mail and rebuidling some of the kits, so I would love to dress out your new guys!! We even have loaner barbarian kit...
Roper Mountain's publicity stuff starts this week. Expecting 1000, so if any of you guys can make it down we'd love to have you. We have twenty some odd sets of loaner kit, so if you are interested in trying out Roman stuff we'd love to have you fall in.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Castra Romana Roper Mountain In South Carolina rusty myers 0 1,253 09-01-2012, 03:15 AM
Last Post: rusty myers
  Castra Romana- Pompeii II, Charlotte NC Sept. 5-7 rusty myers 4 1,940 04-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Last Post: rusty myers