Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Festival Romano de Santander 2010
Apart from the parade of the "Guerras cántabras" (nothing related to reenacment, at least the historical :mrgreen: ) this weekend there is a late Roman event, in wich Cohors I Gallica will show how Emeterio and Celedonio, the local patron saints, two christian Roman soldiers, refused to make the sacrifice to our divine emperor, and were subsecuently jugded (and beheaded) as traitors.

Plus more things like gladiators, artisans making Roman pottery and theater.

[Image: 44587_429255493410_712728410_5391986_6399749_n.jpg]
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Don't forget, that the roman festival of Santander it's a consequence of the "fiesta guerras cantabras".

In 2010, the Decima Legio from Rome and Europa Antiqua were in Los Corrales De Buelna in "Fiesta Guerras Cantabras". They could talk about this event because they lived the inside of this "Fiesta".

I'm sure that they would like to repeat next year.

OK, we need to improve to be considerate like reenacments, but there are 1500 actors from this little town, that during two weeks, they build a castra with his own resources and celebrate a event that is of National Interest.

We are working.

Santander, is like other cities that paid professionals to put a market and to contract reenacment groups.

"Fiesta Guerras Cantabras" is different. In this link, you could watch a video from Spanish National Television about our "festival". Except the folk music group, all the scenes are made with people of the town, included the battle.

Jorge G
Sorry:

http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/videos/2010...5044.shtml

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World Traditional Archery festival 2010 hoplite14gr 2 1,519 10-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS
  Ribchester Roman Festival 10/11 July 2010 John Conyard 20 3,437 07-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Last Post: John Conyard
  Marle InternationalHistory Festival 2010 Ingvar Sigurdson 36 6,931 07-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Last Post: P Sertorius Scaevola