Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plato
Here is a remarkable article, and I do not whether to laugh or cry. I am certainly willing to accept that Plato organized his works along mathematical principles, but the article is too clumsily written to be taken seriously. For example, the idea that the book of nature was written in the language of mathematics is not Newton's, but Galilei's; comparing Plato to Einstein is as absurd as comparing hypotheses to experimental science; and I won't mention that the idea of a "Plato Code" does not make a reliable impression.

Does anyone know more about this theory?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Even the BBC covered this. They also have links to more information. Check those out.

The first thing that came to my mind is that Bible Code thing, where hidden messages are found in biblical texts. If I remember correctly, some statistician then did the same thing with Moby Dick. :lol: Basically, if you try hard enough you can find a message anywhere. I bet if I mess around with Jona's above message long enough I can find the real hidden meaning he was trying to convey. :roll: Plato was brilliant enough so why try and screw with him?

But perhaps I should read the information this fellow has made available before damning him.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iulianus\' teacher: Plotinus between Plato and Giamblicus TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS 0 1,048 01-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Last Post: TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS