Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
late roman sword and scabbard
avete

my late roman sword is finish.

valete
PierPaolo siercovich
Absolutely superb, Pierpaolo Confusedhock: !
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
ave

thank you Virilis

and thank a lot to Tony Drake that sended me the photo that I needed,is the second time that this man help me...the first time was whit the vindonissa gladius when I needed good photo of the embossed plate.

valete
PierPaolo siercovich
Thank you Munazio :oops: :oops: The sword looks fantastic Big Grin D D
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
That is some beautiful bone-work, you are a master! That's a sword I'd be proud to own...
Paul Elliott

Legions in Crisis
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/17815...d_i=468294

Charting the Third Century military crisis - with a focus on the change in weapons and tactics.
Very fancy, is the Germanic Blood Grove acurate though? (The trench down the middle of the blade)
Nicholas
Looks like two fullers to me Arthur
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Very fancy, is the Germanic Blood Grove acurate though? (The trench down the middle of the blade)

'Blood groove'? Really AotB?
They've got nothing to do with 'blood', or releasing suction on the blade in the wound or any myths you may have read.

They're fullers, and multiple fullers (most I've seen is 5 I think, might be 6) are common on very late roman blades.

Beautiful work Munazio. I've got pics of the Brougham 'female cavalry' bone slider somewhere. I'll send it to you when I can find it.
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
Yeah, I know that was an overimaginative name on some dumb archaeologist's part but I didn't know what the proper name was. Thanks for mentioning what they're called though. Big Grin
Nicholas

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1st Century Roman Fulham Gladius Sword and Scabbard Pointer 4 1,717 07-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Pointer
  Late roman sword munazio planco 10 1,962 08-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Last Post: markusaurelius
  How to - My new bone handled sword and scabbard Crispvs 40 12,172 11-11-2013, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Pointer