Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reconstructed Persian weapons
Hello Guys, Ok I hope I can answer all of the questions. The shield is based on the Alexander Sarcophogus, but with the appropriate Achaemenid crest on it. As far as the completion of the outfit, it is not fully complete, but complete enough to represent it. He would have arm guards or bracers and leg defenses. Also, perhaps a helmet. It is often said that they wore only the tiara, but that conflicts with other reports that they were heavily armored and the best armored troops and also the finds of the Persian Helmets. So I went with the Tiara. Furthermore, Herodotus said they had a soft cap on, but often in Middle Eastern armies, even into the Sassanian periods we see felt or cloth covers for the metal helmets to help keep them cool and out of the sun, so we are not sure if there were helmets under the covers. What everyone basis everything off of us Alexander Sarcophogus. The Kopis is the best representation off of Greek paintings. Let me tell you it was a pain, I mean a pain to make, but fun too. It is soft steel so that it is more like Iron, brass handle with Antler inlays. I will have it posted later. The sagaris in one of the other photos is steel and wood, with leather wrap on the handles lower portion. The armor is leather with scales on it and the leather is tooled. It was made for a TV show with Persian motifs on it. The next one will be scales on the sides as well. The shield is the smaller domed version of the hoplon. Wood covered in fabric, later I will cover it in leather perhaps. I have a spear as well, with the ball on the bottom, but it is not in the photos. As for me, I am the only one I know of that is representing the Achaemenid Persians and I do it with what little funds I have to do this, as I am sure the rest of us do. I also have my Sassanid outfit which is posted on the Roman section of this board. Anyway, thank you guys. I am in Los Angeles and I think that most everyone else is in other parts of the world or this country. And as for me, yes that is me, and the beard was added in later. haha, but I am a Zoroastrian Persian. Full Blooded. So as authentic as it gets. I would love to have a photo of a Greek and a Persian facing off, to make a proper representation of these two fierce warriors.

Many are under such false notions that the Immortals suffered heavy losses to the Spartans and that is just not the Case. Hollywood and movies like 300 (even though I loved it) do nothing but ruin real history. All of the studies I have done the past 20 years regarding their conflicts showed that the Immortals and the Spartans faced off in some of the most fierce fighting in history, without either gaining or losing ground or willing to back down. There is no record of any losses of the Immortals such as been stated. It is all guess work. But we know that they were signaled to retreat a few times and were not willing to give up combat with the Spartans.

Furthermore, what is interesting is that every real Spartan I have met, I mean the real deal Greek from that region has a completely different respect for those wars. So my whole intention is to bring to light the real history of what happened, so that real credit is not only due to the Persians, but also the Greeks, and the genius in their battleplans. And also more accurate light and respect to those like the Greek General themistocles or Mitiades and what they really did. Not some Hollywood Rambo crap. There was true genius there that has gone discredited throughout history in favor of a more macho version.

Anyway, I hope you guys like it and I will post more as soon as I can and get them taken. I will also be posting photos on my website at www.radpour.com
Ardeshir Radpour
Ardeshir Radpour

Messages In This Thread
Reconstructed Persian weapons - by hoplite14gr - 05-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Re: Reconstructed Persian weapons - by Astiryu1 - 05-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Re: Reconstructed Persian weapons - by Astiryu1 - 06-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Re: Reconstructed Persian weapons - by immortal - 06-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Re: Reconstructed Persian weapons - by immortal - 06-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Re: Reconstructed Persian weapons - by Orlirva - 06-10-2010, 03:42 AM
Accurate Persian - by SassanianPersian - 07-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Re: Reconstructed Persian weapons - by SassanianPersian - 07-04-2010, 06:48 AM
Re: Reconstructed Persian weapons - by Astiryu1 - 07-04-2010, 01:03 PM