Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colchester belt plates
Doea anyone have any picutres of the original Colchester belt plates that can be found in B&C2 page 108 #10.

The pictures could be a drawing based on the original or the original belt plates themselves. I prefer the original so that I can have them reproduced.

Also does anyone have a reconstruction of these. I would like to see what they look like.

Other helpful information such as the period, materials used, niello or enamel inlay, dimensions would also be appreciated.

Thanks
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Send me a PM Doc!

Colchester is my local Museum. We sell quite a few reproductions of finds from the museum including quite a few belt parts.
An old topic, but interesting.

Could you send pictures of the Colchester belt plates that can be found in "the pre-flavian military belt: the evidence from britain", page 61, no 1, 2 and 12 (although that`s a hod-hill plate) to me please? I have drawings of them, but an extra picture of the original makes more clear. When you don`t have that book I will send some pictures to show you which plates I mean. Thank you in advance Smile .
(aka Niels)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colchester belt plate Martialis_NL 10 641 11-19-2021, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Crispianus
  My Roman Belt with mixed plates models. Rado 15 5,778 08-05-2017, 10:06 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Tinning belt plates 2biggij 9 3,290 04-14-2017, 04:34 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake