Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Icelandic Volcano: Final Nail in coffin for trip to Rome!
Quote:never mind the problems for the farmers (flourine in the ash is a health risk, so is the food safe to eat? Dunno.)

Actually I don't think the biggest problem would be with the safety of the food, as then you first need that food to be grown, which will be effected first.
ALA I BATAVORUM
That's true enough, bro. Note this article, and especially the "...airlines request/authorities say..." part. Maybe they should just pass an international law banning volcanic eruptions in the first place: that would settle the whole problem, wouldn't it?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100418/ap_ ... nd_volcano
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Saw a sign on some news show:

'We wanted CASH, not ASH'!

Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Actually Dave, these super Pumas are a jet turbine type engine, unlike a lot of prop aircraft.
And considering the recent disasters with the helos, there is quite a lot of pressure on them to be ultra safe, so there must be good
evidence against the ash, if it is actually present in harmful quantity this far south and as low as they fly.

as with the German test flights, they were also relatively low level.
We have dust from multiple sources every year blanket our cars in aberdeen, surely an engine full of silicon is just as much a hazard as volcanic ash?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
At least a first transport plane left at Amsterdam airport half an hour again. And it seems there is a change about half of the sheduled flights of tomorrow can go. But yeah, I've been also told that Bruxelles airport will be still closed tomorrow.
ALA I BATAVORUM
I'm very sorry to hear about your bad news Byron but when Enid and I first went to Sicily our friend took us to the top of mount Etna and the very next day it blew it's top, so we had to get across the island to Palermo to get home, let us hope it's not like the time when all of Europe was covered and it lasted several years or you might never get onshore.
Anyway all frivolity aside I am very sorry about the Rome trip but do keep an eye out for fishing boats you never know mate.
Brian Stobbs
Quote:I'm very sorry to hear about your bad news Byron but when Enid and I first went to Sicily our friend took us to the top of mount Etna and the very next day it blew it's top, so we had to get across the island to Palermo to get home, let us hope it's not like the time when all of Europe was covered and it lasted several years or you might never get onshore.
Anyway all frivolity aside I am very sorry about the Rome trip but do keep an eye out for fishing boats you never know mate.

I made it home last night Brian, so that was one bit of luck. But, if it was to last that long I think the ywould manage to get us there by boat! Confusedhock:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I'm pleased to hear you made it home but that realy is sad for anyone wanting to get to Roma.
Brian Stobbs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Watch for Volcano scams on the internet jkaler48 10 1,726 04-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS
  2nd bigger volcano may shut down ALL airtravel jkaler48 33 5,070 04-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar