Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast shooting machine
Quote:That's the $64,000 question! Marsden thought it made sense to place the watershed at the 3-span calibre. Not based on any practical considerations, though.

The found washers do seem to roughly conform to that. Perhaps if someone were to plot out all the known finds a clearer distinction would emerge. Unfortunately there are too few samples and they span so many eras the numbers would still be difficult to place much faith in.

Quote:The 3-span is probably the last one that you can lug around; anything bigger starts to become rather cumbersome, as you've noticed Randi.

That brings us to the carrobalista, and we know what a can of worms that topic is. :lol:
The itallic A base is proving to be really handy compared to the Vitruvian and Philonian tripods though. I feel it has to post-date them, because I can't imagine anyone going back to building and lugging one of those dinosaurs about after seeing how stable this design works out to be. I've really got to get back down into the shop and build my new winch and block.
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shooting 3 arrows at once at the Battle of Mursa ryddragyn 0 1,191 08-26-2015, 11:20 PM
Last Post: ryddragyn