Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New sword from Patrick Barta
I can't see that one. :?

At the time, mine was a wee bit cheaper. Luckily it was more or less exactly what I was wanting.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
WOW!!!! Worth every penny if you ask me!!

M.IB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:I can't see that one. :?

Catalogue number 102. Danish bog sword.

The one pictured on the website is mine. 8)
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
Ah ok, it has a different name. Nice sword!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I have a Valsgarde 7 ring spatha and scabbard on order.Patrick tells me it should be started late this year, no doubt it will be another of his works of art.

cheers

Ingvar
Ingvar Sigurdson
Dave Huggins
Wulfheodenas
OK I don't see that either... :roll: is it the Vimose? I would love that one too!
If not, any pictures?
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:OK I don't see that either... :roll: is it the Vimose? I would love that one too!
If not, any pictures?

It'll be a brand new commission I would think, most of Patrick's work is.

Dave, will he doing you a scabbard to go with it or will you just be parting with the one kidney? :wink:
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
D*&mn! If I'd realised that.....
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hiya Matt,

Scabbard as well,so that will be one kidney, and any other organ of choice to the buyer! But seriously I've long admired Patrick's work since he first came under my radar when he just had a few swords on his web site and he was selling in his native currency and I just wish I had comitted my self back then, at the time there seemed little justifcation apart from the 'sin of lust' and to compliment my Valasgrde 7 helm that I had commissioned from Ivor Lawton back in the 90's. Now there seems to be more folk interested and active in re-enactment of the period to play about with, as you know Smile .

best
Dave
Ingvar Sigurdson
Dave Huggins
Wulfheodenas
Hello fellow Barta fans,

I have just posted a link to an anglo saxon Barta sword for sale on Ebay.com. It's in the marketplace. Enjoy :wink: !
Björn ter Keurs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Patrick Barta Roman hilts? StephenCurtin 8 1,983 11-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Last Post: StephenCurtin
  New 3th century sword from Patrick Barta! Virilis 11 2,599 04-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Cheyenne
  Patrick Barta - New Gladius Hispanensis Redwald 1 1,768 06-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Marcus Mummius