Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colchester Roman Festival 18th & 19th July
Here's the Eventplan blurb about the Roman festival this weekend in Colchester.
There are other periods there for the weekend with the Army for a multi period event including the Saturday, but I'll be there on the Sunday with the Colchester Roman Society.

'Colchester Historical Battles and Chariot Spectacular - Sunday July 19th
Fantastic!! Amazing!! Just two words from the public which sum up our fantastic and amazing event on Abbey Fields. Thrill to the thunder of horses hooves as the hurtle around the arena. Thrill to the sight of Roman Legionnaires manoeuvring for battle Watch as the gladiators spill their blood in mortal combat in the Roman arena. See the spectacularly re-enacted battles from other periods of history. Amble through time with our living history sets. A whole day’s entertainment for all age groups.'

Tickets:
Adults in advance £8, on the gate £10
Concessions Oap’s, Service veterans, and under 16s £5 in advance £7 on the gate
Family ticket £20 (2 adults + 3 children) in advance and £25 on the gate.

PS If you Google 'Colchester Roman Festival' the first result is an old Eventplan page saying the 2008 event is cancelled, so you can ignore that, it's definately on!
Lawrence Payne

Asking me to tile your bathroom is like asking Vermeer to creosote your shed ;-)
[url:2kdj7ztq]http://www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk[/url]
www.romanmosaicworkshops.co.uk
www.romanmosaicpatterns.com
I was really hoping to get to it this year, but am offshore again. Still, better than being unemployed, touch wood. :|
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Any pictures for the less fortunate amoungst us? Smile
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hi, I was there, highlight for me was seeing 'Bestia' in action. There were some good displays this year. Big Grin Will sort some pics out . My dad took a load of good ones including some of the RMRS.
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
I look forward to seeing them! I haven't even seen Bestia myself yet.....aside from photos from last year. Sad
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ribchester Roman Festival 16/17 July John Conyard 7 2,921 08-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  Maryport Roman Festival, Senhouse Museum. 24/25 July John Conyard 26 4,924 08-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Last Post: John Conyard
  Ribchester Roman Festival 10/11 July 2010 John Conyard 20 3,446 07-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Last Post: John Conyard