Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman cannibalism
Once, I was watching my oldest (then 3 years old) burning ants on the back steps. I was smiling because I remembered having done the same thing decades before. Then, as he was tracking his next victim, one stray ant appeared, walking across his bare thigh...yep. He started to incinerate the ant, but for some reason, stopped and jumped off the porch. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. He didn't do that any more. (The leg trick, that is. He burned plenty of ants after that...sort of a vendetta.) :| !:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
We used to shoot them with rubber band cherry guns....Large red and black ants, sugar ants....quicker!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:To keep you all posted about the progress of our young recruit: he still loves the Romans and still loves to play with the little toy soldiers. His favorite opponent for his toy legions is a group of dinosaurs. :roll:
Dinosaurs are probably sort of a "universal adversary", I remember my LEGO army of knights, stormtroopers and cowboys used to fight dinosaurs as well Smile
Best wishes

Roman Vávra
A new visit to our youngest recruit. I put up a leather hat, I walked like Harrison Ford, I showed photos of pyramids and sphinxes, but he refused to believe I was Indiana Jona. Damn.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Heck, I was convinced. Maybe a few snaps of a 3 to 20 meter (it seems to grow at need) bullwhip would be more convincing?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannibalism? Jona Lendering 7 1,617 10-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Last Post: L C Cinna