Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman cannibalism
Ahem, that's me in my role as uncle, showing photos to my nephew of some dromedaries I met near the Limes Tripolitanus, and an oystrich who had invaded my tent at dawn. Was he interested in those animals? Certainly, he loves the zoo. But as you can see, what he devoured was the little Playmobil Roman I had given him.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Just typical, eh? :lol: 8)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Often as not, kids not much smaller than that nephew have more fun with the packaging than the contents. Sigh.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I had no idea Playmobil made Roman-themed toys. That's really cool; maybe it will turn young kids onto history. It's better than Britney Spears dolls, at least. Big Grin
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Brittany would be kind of cute if she weren't such a spoiled dolt.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Britney Spears dolls
I didn't realise that Britney did that to dolls... Confusedhock: What type does she use? A pilum maybe? :roll:

:mrgreen:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hmmmmm, not bad, not bad ........ :lol: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
It all starts with early training. My four-year old nephew knew the difference between 'Romans' and 'knights', when it came to his toys, from about age 2. Big Grin wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
So, tell us: did he bite the heads off of the knights, too? :lol:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Not so far, I think. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Well, that just shows he has good taste, eh? See, if he had only one large, central eye, he would favor Greeks. I fear it would be quite an odyssey to get to where they live, though, so maybe it's better this way. :roll: :wink:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
To keep you all posted about the progress of our young recruit: he still loves the Romans and still loves to play with the little toy soldiers. His favorite opponent for his toy legions is a group of dinosaurs. :roll:
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Perfect! If my memory serves me correctly, my Star Wars figures often ran across dinosaurs during their adventures. Evidently these terrible lizards also plague the Roman legions.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Just don't leave a magnifying glass lying around while he's playing, or he might become a little Archimedes and decimate his own ranks just for fun.
The magnifying glass is to be used only against ants on the sidewalk, not toys.
Quote:Just don't leave a magnifying glass lying around while he's playing, or he might become a little Archimedes and decimate his own ranks just for fun.
The magnifying glass is to be used only against ants on the sidewalk, not toys.

Confusedhock:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannibalism? Jona Lendering 7 1,617 10-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Last Post: L C Cinna