Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoulder pteryges pattern
Ok, I started making the pteryges and it's a bloody timetaking job! :lol: I'm lucky for having holiday for two months... Tongue ) ( )
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
And once done, you'll never be sorry you went to the extra effort!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Check out the Armae subarmalis in the Body Armour section - nice details? http://www.armae.com/Zenglish/greek_and ... _frame.htm

This is very similar to ours. The ones I commissioned from DSC have extra padding in the shoulder and the upper pteruges were arranged in an overlapping fan pattern as opposed to flat. The more modern eyelet and lace closure being replaced by three wooden toggles.
[Image: DSCF1546.jpg]
They arn't on your website though?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:The more modern eyelet and lace closure being replaced by three wooden toggles.
How do the toggles attach, and how do they feel under the armor? I'm in the planning stages of a pair of subarmalis rigs, one for me, and one for my son (we're tired of the oil on our tunics from the hamata). I want the body of the sub to be launderable separately from the pteruges, and was planning just to lace them on. A photo would be really helpful in deciding which way to work out the removal/reinstallation system.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:They arn't on your website though?
Yet!

Quote:How do the toggles attach, and how do they feel under the armor?

Simple loop and button hole. You cannot feel them at all as the garment is padded! :wink:
Is the toggle on the body, or on the flap?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Here is how I did pteryges:

http://www.romanhideout.com/legiov/fabr ... es5_en.asp
Luca Bonacina
Provincia Cisalpina - Mediolanum
www.cisalpina.net
Those are very beautiful, Luca. Bellissimi!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.