Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Legions of Rome
Thanks for posting the youtube links to that documentary. I've seen several documentaries about Vindolanda, but I hadn't seen that one before. What a fascinating place. Dr Birley and his family, and many, many others, have really done a labor of love in their work there. I would like to visit it someday.
Robert Reeves
Quote:Thanks for posting the youtube links to that documentary. I've seen several documentaries about Vindolanda, but I hadn't seen that one before. What a fascinating place. Dr Birley and his family, and many, many others, have really done a labor of love in their work there. I would like to visit it someday.

I`m glad you enjoyed it.m8yWink
Arbeia the Great
Michael Davidson

Hic nemo est quin Romam amet
While speaking of Trajans column - is the helmet on the pictures I attached below the one that's depicted on that column?
That helmet indeed looks like an attic style helmet, of which there are depicted on TC. But we don't have that many sources to back it up, so I wouldn't use it in re-enactment.
ALA I BATAVORUM
The HBO helmet interests me. So as not to side-track the original thoughts of this thread, I have posted my response on a new thread here: link from old RAT

Howard/SPC
Spurius Papirius Cursor (Howard Russell)
"Life is still worthwhile if you just smile."
(Turner, Parsons, Chaplin)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legions of Rome by Dando Collins Scutum designs MarcusNorwood 4 2,174 12-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Caratacus
  \"Terrorism and the Legions of Rome\" Nihonius Legio 7 2,286 04-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Nihonius Legio
  HBO Helmet (From "The Legions of Rome" Thread by Arbeia) Spurius Papirius Cursor 4 2,851 10-14-2010, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Spurius Papirius Cursor